High-performance image intensifier tube that provides a small halo, ultra-fast auto-gating and an unrivalled spectral range with the best DRI* range on the market.
*DRI = Detection, Recognition and Identification
Expand your night vision capabilities by choosing a 4G image intensifier tube for your night vision goggle. Used by our very own PD-PRO series devices, 4G technology is an evolutionary set of capabilities that are described by the minimum specifications of modern night vision users to provide the highest performance in all field conditions. Only a 4G tube can provide the smallest and most transparent halo, crystal-clear resolution, and a high definition contrast of darks and lights to provide accurate situational awareness. Photonis 4G tubes have the fast auto-gating in the industry with the tube reacting to sudden changes in light, such as weapon flashes or flash bangs, 3x faster than the blink of an eye. Systems equipped with a 4G tube also can take advantage of the ultra-wide spectral range that allows users to use laser designators or illuminators that are not visible to the industry standard Gen III goggles.
4G Technology is a set of capabilities described by the minimum specifications of modern night vision to deliver end-users the highest possible performance in all field conditions. The 4G night vision standard is defined by:
- An extended bandwidth of photon collection that delivers consistently high image quality in all environments (from below 400nm to above 1,000nm)
- A figure of merit (FOM) that is always above 1,800, calculated by taking the Signal to Noise (SNR) ratio multiplied by the resolution.
- A resolution that is always superior to 57 lp/mm even in the most polluted light environments such as urban areas or when entering a building where the light is suddenly switched on.
- A halo size that is never larger than 0.75mm around the brightest objects seen in the image to provide the highest amount of detail around light sources.
|Figure of Merit (FOM)||1800||2200|
|Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR)||28||30|
|Limiting Resolution (at center)||64||72||lp/mm|
|High Light Level Resolution (200lx)||55||lp/mm|
Many of Photonis' image intensifier tubes are available in different sizes and with different phosphor solutions. Our specialists are standing by to discuss your needs and help you find the perfect solution.
The latest technological achievements providing the greatest clarity of image when operating in urban, desert or forested environments. For these applications, the night vision user should turn to a white phosphor tube. Studies have shown that night-time scenes appear remarkably more natural in black and white versus the usual green. White phosphor also provides much clearer information about the contrast, shapes and shadows within an environment.
- Greater image clarity
- Scenes appear more natural
- Clearer information regarding contrast, shapes, shadows
- Perfect for urban, desert or forested environments
The industry standard for more than 40 years, green phosphor is the perfect choice for operators that complete missions in the jungle or deep dark areas of the world. The enhanced contrast and depth required for operating in these densely packed environments are ideally suited to the green phosphor coating. The higher gains and stronger contrasts of the green phosphor enable the clarity of the image required for those operating without the advantage of ambient light sources to enhance the image.
- Enhanced contrast and depth
- Higher gain and contrast provide better clarity
- Perfect for jungle or deep dark environments
Innovative 16mm Size
Photonis’ 16mm image intensifier tubes have been designed to meet the SWaP requirements of the modern night vision user. Utilized by our very own PD-PRO-16B and PD-PRO-16M devices, these powerful 16mm image intensifier tubes offer a reduced size, weight and minimum power consumption without sacrificing performance. The weight of a 16mm image intensifier tube has been reduced by 30 grams in comparison to a standard ANVIS 18mm tube while the overall volume size has been reduced by 40%.