Photonis employees are motivated, competent and energetic. We commit to an environment that encourages leadership and learning. We encourage and support challenges to conventional thinking to further innovation and enable new technologies.
Job and Internship Opportunities
Manager, Information Technology
At Photonis Defense, Inc. our dedicated and talented employees are the foundation of our success. Photonis Defense, Inc. is a fully owned USA subsidiary of Photonis Technologies S.A.S, a French scientific and defense company. Photonis Defense, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and is expanding in the Lancaster, PA area. We operate world-wide, providing advanced technologies in Night Vision equipment, specialized microchannel plates, Power Tubes for commercial, defense, and research facilities, as well as vacuum electron devices for defense applications. Photonis' equipment performs world-wide and our equipment saves lives every day within our international defense community.
We have a full time first shift opportunity in our Lancaster facility for a Manager, Information Technology. The IT department is the single point of entry for incident reporting, proactively addressing/anticipating issues; tracking all maintenance actions, providing technical expertise in the resolution of problems which cannot be solved immediately at the remote locations, as well as providing real-time support to users and maintainers by means of phone, fax, e-mail or Web access. Using the automated Trouble Ticket Management Solution, the candidate will monitor and track all trouble tickets. Trouble Ticket software will be maintained at the Headquarters in such a manner as to enable interaction with other support or assistance centers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the Managed Information Technology (MIT) contract for Help Desk and Network Administration services
- Hands on onsite troubleshooting of IT issues, in conjunction with MIT contractor
- Develop short-and-long-term IT Captial Budgets
- Assist in the development and certification of a Cyber Security Plan. NIST, CMMC
- Develop and maintain an IT disaster recovery plan
- Coordinate system penetration efforts and threat detection analysis
- Develop a full understanding of the ERP system (SAGE) and work with the operations and finance departments to fully utilize system capabilities
- Develop ERP system reports to support operational needs
- Support the implementation and/or evaluation of new or proposed applications
- Provide insight into technology trends and requirements to develop IT best practices
- Train employees on proper system usage and cybersecurity threat avoidance
- Provide backup IT support for a sister company in Massachusetts
An Associate or Bachelor's degree with a Major in Computer Science, Systems or Network Administration, Cyber Security, Computer Programming and/or experience and competence with the applications, subsystems and networks most commonly used within the Department of Defense contractor companies. Higher-level degrees and/or no degree combined with substantial real-life work experience will also be considered.
The candidate must have experience and competence with the applications/subsystems/networks in a Department of Defense contractor company. The candidate shall have and maintain competency in the operation of the following items, systems, software, suites, networks, and processes that comprise the Photonis environment such as:
- Wide Area Network (WAN) protocols
- Department of Defense (DoD) network security
- DoD Information Assurance requirements
- Storage Area Network (SAN) switches
- Cisco networking and programming
- Firewalls, intrusion detectors, and network analyzers
- MS SQL Server
- MS SharePoint Portal Server
- Linux Systems Administration
- Windows 10 Systems Administration
- Windows Server 2012-2019 Systems Administration
- Complete Active Directory Administration and Configuration
- SageX3 and Sage SEI ERP Systems
- Polycom Systems
- Webex Server
- Lotus Notes Suite
- Office 365 Suite
We offer a clean, bright work environment as well as a competitive starting rate, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, life, disability benefits and more!
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letters, resumes and salary requirements.
Due to the confidential nature of our business, no in-person applications can be accepted.
Photonis Defense, Inc. is an AA/EEO/ADA/Veteran Preference Employer.