Job and Internship Opportunities
Electrical Manufacturing Engineer
At Photonis Defense, Inc. our dedicated and talented employees are the foundation of our success. We have a full-time opportunity in our Lancaster facility for an Electrical Manufacturing Engineer. This is a key member of our manufacturing team that will be technically responsible for providing technical support in specific areas of expertise (i.e. assembly, test, electronics. Participates in engineering programs involving research, design, development or production. Work includes production support, installations, testing, calibration and repair. This is a "hands-on" position.
A position within our facility is an opportunity to grow your skills and set yourself on the path to achieving your career goals. Tuition assistance is available for qualified candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designs mechanical, electrical, or RF systems and piece parts, including RF devices and RF test equipment. Also, the engineer will work with vector network analyzers, signal generators, power meters, spectrum and analyzers, RF circuitry and other instruments to test new and existing designs
- Works with measuring tools, including calipers, micrometers, go/no-go indicators, optical measurements, machines or 3D coordinate measurement machines
- Develops test procedures for electromechanical devices
- Documents non-conformances in a production environment, identify process improvements and implementing process improvements through engineering documentation and projects.
- Documents manufacturing processes with written procedures.
- Skilled with AutoCAD or SolidWorks
- Performs and audits intricated manufacturing processes to ensure reliable production to Traveling Wave Tubes and power tubes
- Performs incoming inspections on raw materials and purchased parts, and in-process inspections on parts and assemblies
- Provides support in any or all product lines based upon need, including day-to-day support for the assigned product line production areas. Off shift work may be required at times.
- Strong troubleshooting skills for mechanical, electrical, and high vacuum equipment.
- Keeps supervisor apprised of all unresolved and/or potential problems that would negatively affect production schedules
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in an engineering discipline required.
- Must possess problem-solving skills, strong digital and analog skills, ability to troubleshoot in a logical manner
- Professional, clear verbal and written communication
- Must have experience using: DVM, oscilloscopes, hand tools, such as soldering irons, drills, crimpers, screwdrivers, and wrenches
- Proficient in at least one programming language...LabView or Visual Basic preferred
- Must be able to list 50 lbs
We offer a clean, bright work environment as well as a competitive starting rate, 401(k) with company match, medical, dental, life and disability benefits and more!
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes to email@example.com. Please submit a cove letter, resume and salary requirements.
Due to the confidential nature of our business, no in-person applications can be accepted.
Photonis Defense, Inc. is an AA/EEO/ADA/Veteran Preference Employer.